Thursday 10 March 2011

A quiet birthday for a Dancing QUEEN :)





    


        To start , Dancing queen is my nickname given to me by my sweet Turkish friend who I used to party hard with and for that she used to call me " my dancing queen" 


    
      It was the quietest day ever !! 6 of March.. 
   the very lovely date in my whole life..
   Yes , my birthday this year was simple and almost like any other day. 
  I used to have big ones every year for the fact that I adore such celebrations. 
  I think birth and specially my birth was something incomparable to anything in LIFE. 
 I might be strange , needy and drama queen , but in the same time , I am different , I always knew that there was something different about me. I always knew that I could be an artist and nothing else because I see the life from an artistic perspective and that doesn't make me weirdo . 
   In fact , It makes me irreplaceable. Yes, I sometime think of myself as someone different than the others and for that reason , I think I deserve a proper birthday but .. it was a very simple one... and that hurts me the most if I must be honest. 






    Last year , I was completely alone in my birthday and I spent it in London. For some reasons , I did not accept that fact and I gave myself a wonderful day.
   clearly , I remember the details of that day , 6 ,March , 2010 
   ( Walked around Covent garden , watched the street performers , had breakfast at " Yalla Yalla"  in Soho , bought the ticket for the late show , strolled up and down Regent's street and had some coffee in Starbucks , walked around London city centre , allowed myself the luxury of an express manicure in  " John Lewis " in Oxford street, painted my nails in dark red from Nails inc , bought myself a small birthday gift ( 2 pairs of Primark underwears ) , had a tasty dinner at Vapiano ( a great Italian restaurant ) ,  attended " Chicago " show at Cambridge theatre in Piccadilly  , went home at midnight and watched my favorite songs on youtube till I slept soundly ". 
  Man , I had a blast. 


  This year , I am home and surrounded by people but I did nothing. 


   My day details were : 


   I went to have Spa manicure and pedicure at Oriana Salon which happens to have its Spa section with a spectacular view over the Red Sea.


  I laid down.. enjoyed a 2 hours beauty session with the unbeatable beauty of the sea view...chose a nail polish..warm plum from Essie, had a good White Mocha coffee from my beloved cafe shop ( Starbucks )...read a novel called " the Monk who sold his Ferrari " which is not my type of reads but I have to read it as I'm an active member of of a very warm book club which is based in Jeddah. 
 With my legs socked in water , I had my coffee in a hand and my book in the other and I stayed motionless till the end of the session. It was splendid.


    I also got one birthday gift ( a Blackberry Torch ) from Mum and an invitation to Lunch @ a new Italian restaurant in Jeddah called " Margarita" from my sister Maha .


  well, I'm already in love with my new phone !! and the food was wonderful in there !! I definitely will go back with my bunch of friends sometime in the near future. 


 then what ? I listened to some songs that I love in such a day... the same songs that I listened to last year.











Super Trouper









MaMMa Mia - Dancing Queen

And when you get the chance... You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen. !! all-time favorite scene and song :0








Chipmunks - Happy Birthday to You!!!




  I wanted to feel the moment and the special day by listening to my favorite birthday songs...and surfing the net ..chatting to nobody and 
  having a great fear of the next year but pretending to be smily and all.. 
.. there was nothing special about it..
..it was so much different than my other previous birthdays..
perhaps , it is for the good ? 
 perhaps , this quiet birthday will turn my year to be the year of my life ? I only hope so.. 
  
I still want a birthday cake though .. I really do ... 
   a Vanilla cake to specify..

  Happy Birthday to me.. I LOVE ME. 

Spasiba .















No comments:

Post a Comment